Welcome to the Counseling Center. We provide counseling services to assist students with various life concerns.
The CSU Counseling Center joins the Columbus State University community in expressing our grief and compassion for the racial injustices and tragedies that have been occurring across our nation. We recognize that these tragedies can be traumatizing. The Counseling Center staff is committed to assisting all of our students who have been directly or vicariously impacted by trauma. In the aftermath of experiencing or witnessing trauma, it is common to experience a range of feelings and emotions, such as shock, fear, sadness, anger, helplessness or guilt. We encourage you to contact our office if you need support with coping and healing. We are here for you.
- What White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Ideas for What to Read, Watch, and Listen to Regarding Race
- How to Be Anti-Racist
Harvard's Free Implicit Bias Test
- Resources for Talking to Kids about Race
- Additional Resources from the Georgia Psychological Association (PDF)
Click the links for more information or call the Counseling Center at 706-507-8740 to schedule an appointment.
- Personal Counseling
- Diagnostic Testing (ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Depression / Anxiety)
- Career Counseling
- Support Groups
- How do I make an appointment?
- What about confidentiality?
- Who can I call if I feel like I am in crisis?
Location and Contact Information
The Counseling Center is located on the 3rd Floor of the Schuster Center. The office
entrance is directly across from the elevator.
Phone Number: 706-507-8740
Fax Number: 706-507-8753
- Crisis Talk / Text Lines
- Self-help Center
- Cougars End Suicide - Suicide Prevention Training for Employees and Students
- Helping Students in Distress: A Guide for Faculty and Staff
- Information for Faculty, Staff, and Advisors
- Counseling Center Videos
- Outreach Events Calendar (including Workshops and Support Groups)
- Client Satisfaction Survey